Civil Engineering, Design-Build, General Construction and Marine Construction Services
OTAK Group is a Civil Engineering, General Construction and Design/Build Company. We employ a team of talented experts who continually raise the expectations of our customers. We offer services as a general, marine and civil contractor within the federal arena as well as to private industry. Our unique focus on quality control management, communication, engineering standards and training provides our clients with quality products and exceptional services.
We provide full-service planning, engineering, design and construction from conception to completion. Throughout the process our project managers, engineering and construction staff will work with your contract managers, architects, engineers, project managers and inspectors to plan and create facilities you require. OTAK Group has a proud and unique heritage, having successfully executed the some of the most complex projects in Northeast Florida, we will build what you need to keep you moving forward!
OTAK Group, Inc. is a Native American owned, Federally Certified, fully licensed and insured 8(A) General Contractor. We specialize in a wide range of Civil and General Construction projects as well as Marine Construction projects. We self perform and specialize in all types of masonry and concrete construction services.
Whatever your needs, we can build it for you.
Otak Group, Inc. was established in the year 2000 by Mr. Aaron T. Kato with a commitment of providing the highest quality of professionalism in the construction industry. OTAK's headquarters is located in Yulee, FL and performs work regionally throughout the southeastern states. OTAK has performed on more than 121 Government Design Build and other Construction Industry related contracts over the past 12 years, including every major construction discipline, from small repair projects to large building renovations. These contracts include the maintenance repair or alteration of real property for many types of building facilities and infrastructure located on DOD facilities throughout the southeast, to include airport hangers and airport runways. OTAK has successfully completed these projects for agencies such as Department of the Navy; NAVFAC SE at NAS JAX, NAS Mayport, Kings Bay Submarine Base, & USMC Blount Island Command, Department of Interior; National Park Service Department of the Air Force, at Robins Air Force Base as well as for many other Federal Agencies throughout the Southeast and the US Virgin Islands, under the following NAICS Categories:
- 236220 - Commercial and Institutional Building Construction
- 238190 - Other Foundation Structure and Building Exterior Contractors
- 235110 - Plumbing Heating and Air-Conditioning Contractors
- 237990 - Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction
- 237310 - Highway Street and Bridge Construction
The OTAK team has unique skills because of its Federal Contracting experience and our established project management procedures for Projects of this magnitude and complexity. This is based on the numerous projects and size of projects we have completed for the Federal Government. The OTAK team has all the capabilities to accomplish this requirement. Our diversity allows OTAK to look at the construction process from a variety of viewpoints and manage the processes safely, efficiently, professionally, economically, effectively, and strategically. All of our projects are approached with our client's primary needs in mind.
OTAK has an outstanding record of conforming to specifications and standards of good workmanship, quality and safety as documented by our government and private sector clients. OTAK's history of adhering to contract schedules; administrative aspects of performance; reasonable and cooperative behavior; commitment to customer satisfaction; and businesslike concern for the interest of the customer has earned the Company a reputation of providing the Best Value Contracting to both Government and Private Sector Clients.
The following is a list of multiple year award construction contracts awarded to Otak in recent years.
- BOA NAS Jacksonville 2005 Design / Build Construction
- MATOC FL Air National Guard 2006 Design / Build Construction
- IQCC SATOC NAVFAC SE Mayport & BIC 2009 Design / Build Construction
- IDIQ National Park Service 20010 Design / Build Construction
- IDIQ NAVFAC SE Kings Bay SB 2011 Design / Build Construction
- MATOC US ARMY, Fort Bragg, SC 2011 Design / Build Construction
In addition, OTAK has an outstanding:
- Safety Record and Program
- Quality Program
- Record Of Conforming To Specifications And To Standards Of Good Workmanship
- History For Reasonable And Cooperative Behavior And Commitment To Customer Satisfaction
- Business-Like Concern For The Interest Of The Customer
- Maintaining Quality Performance
Our Team has worked in many capacities ranging from General Contractor, Design/Builder, Prime Contractor, and even Subcontractor. This wide variety of delivery system participation allows us to view the construction and renovation process from a multitude of perspectives and manage the process effectively, efficiently, and fairly.
As a result of our past experience, documented professionalism, and demonstrated abilities and expertise, we have become a role model for other businesses to emulate. Our success in the performance of construction projects is the result of hard work, effective planning and coordination of efforts, and a dedicated commitment to provide each customer a superior quality finished product, safely and on time, and at a price that is fair and reasonable.
OTAK strives to set us apart from our competition. We have proposed a team of experienced professionals that has significant Multiple Award Task Order building construction and renovation experience. We have selected staff that is currently working on projects for the Navy.
The OTAK Team provides the following benefits:
- The proposed staff is experienced in Multiple Award Contracts
- Our staff has current experience working together on Government projects
- OTAK is committed to providing the continuity of staff on all MACC projects
Our present and past corporate experience includes many instances of our participation in the design, renovation and construction of complex projects that have included the same characteristics as those that may become a part of this MACC program. These characteristics include:
- Contract value ranging from under $150K to over $5 Million
- Design-Build/Work Plan, Design-Bid-Build, Renovation & Addition Projects (Government Facilities)
- Renovation and Additions of Occupied Facilities
- Demolition and Abatement of Hazardous Materials
- Anti-Terrorism Force Protection Upgrades and Sustainable Design Features, LEED
- HVAC, Plumbing and Mechanical Systems Upgrades/Replacements/Installation